BigWill,

I somewhat take offense to your description of a liberal as being a person that blindly accepts what they are told by their college professors and conservatives have put much thought and years into forming their views. Yes, I am a college graduate, and yes I had some liberal professors that pushed their views. I had just as many conservative professors that pushed theirs. I,as an educated adult, form my opinions through thought and experience. I am what you describe as a liberal. I enjoy nature and believe it should be there for my daughter to enjoy. I choose to help people that are less fortunate than I. I believe that we need not be policing the world, but taking care of our own. These are views I have developed on my own, due to my experiences. My father contracted polio at age four. Now at age sixty-four he has to rely on social security to survive. He was forced into early retirement from General Motors due to health issues resulting from Polio. He did not choose to contract Polio. He was simply unlucky. It was nothing he or his family did that led to his handicap. Do we simply ingnore the needs of these people, because they are unable to work and pay their own way? We found out in January that my wife, that is thirty-seven years old has breast cancer. She underwent a masectomy and 8 rounds of chemo. Thank goodness for insurance. I cannot imagine what we would do if we did not have it like many in our country. Between my wife and I we make good money. Over six figures. But without insurance, it would be devastating. Me, my wife, or my 11 year old daughter did anything to contribute to my wife's breast cancer. These life experiences lead me to be a liberal, someone who cares about other human beings. If that in some way makes me a "bad" person, then so be it.

I have many friends that are conservative. Do I think any less of them, no. But many times they argue what Rush Limbaugh said or what G. Gordon Liddy said or Pat White said. They simply spew the phrases I have already heard a million times.

Sorry for the ramble, but I felt the need.