Instead of just taking the easy route and agreeing to disagree, you should do some research on this. I think that someone has already posted links, but I know that there are letters out there from Madison and the others directly discussing the quandry that you encounter if you involve the church in any aspect of government. The founding fathers may have been god-fearing and the ideas they used may have been judeo-christian in nature, but they were quite detailed in their intent to draw a line of separation between religious influence and the process of governing fairly ALL citizens.

....just a suggestion. Try to separate your concern over the issue of marriage in a religious sense from the governmental designation. I'm not sure that many here are arguing for church-sponsored marriage of gays. As I said before, that is between the church's and their parishioners. What we are talking about is simply the legal union in the eyes of the government and the protections that the government presently affords those designated as "married".