In reply to:

What I am suggesting is that people try to look through the pure lies that are perpetuated by the so-called "media" of the middle east....

And what I am suggesting is that just because the United States of America has chosen a certain course of action does not necessarily make it right and just, or free from alternatives. You may get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside that President Bush is taking action against capital T Terror in this way, but it scares the hell out of me.

Why?

I believe all life is sacred. Any time even a single innocent life is taken, that is an atrocity. I don't care whether you're a highly trained Apache pilot or a bloodthirsty Islamic Jihadist Every innocent life taken is an indelible blemish on your soul. In my eyes, there is absolutely no diffence between an Iraqi man who gets killed on his way to work and a US man who got killed in the WTC collapse. Both were victims of an event over which they had no control. Both were victims of circumstances brought upon them without their consent. Both were human beings with families and histories and life left to live.

It's easy for us to analyze everything from the safety of our chairs, but you cannot sugar-coat the loss of innocent lives by calling it "allowable collateral damage done in the process of creating greater good." Greater good for whom?

I do not place myself higher up the totem pole of life-worthiness than people in other countries.