Regardless what my post portrayed I won't be voting for Kerry and I'm not trying to take a "partisan" positon. My point is if you follow the candidates, listen to the speeches, and have followed the issues (especiallly Iraq) closely, there was little of anything new in this speech.

Do you really think that Kerry's voting record over his tenure in the Senate will have much to do with how he would deal with Iraq if elected. He's going to go from Junior Senator of Massachusetts to Commander in Chief (during wartime). Would you have expected Bush to be "tough on terror" if you based your analyis on his National Guard service record or his tenure as Governor of Texas.

IMO the campaign allegations and/or promises by the 2 major candidates mean little-they both preach to the choir. This year the rhetoric is more important in that they need to appeal to the few truly undecided voters in the key battleground states. Minnesota is considered a battleground state, but in Bush's last appearance hear he was at the Xcel center which is a big arena. Unless you were invited you couldn't get near the place. Why does he only want to appear before his supporters? Because it's all orchestrated media events. Kerry I'm sure does the same thing.

I have a jounalistic background and find it annoying to hear all the allegations leveled at the supposed liberally and conservatively biased media. If I want a conservative bias I turn on Fox, liberal CBS, the only media outlet that comes close to nonpartisan is NPR or in my case Minnesota Public Radio and that tends to lean fairly strongly to the left.

M22's, VP150, QS4's, HK 630, HSU VTF3-MKII