In reply to:

Since when did CC applications ask for your race?

you mean people actually fill out applications for CC these days? i thought they just sent the CC to you every 2-3 months, and you just have to call them back and say, "no thank you."

in fact, funny we are talking about this. last week, i got a set of cards sent to the house last week, and the paper inside said that these 'new' ones were to replace my 'old' ones that have expired.. and i needed to call a number to activate them.. as i looked at the cards, i realized, i dont even HAVE these cards, so how could they be sending me replacements for cards that i dont even have. so i call the CC company, and ask then the deal.. they said i have an 'open' account that hasent had a charge on it in over 2 years. i said "yea, cause i shouldnt have an account with you". long story short, there computer showed i had an account with a $5K limit, and i had NO idea what-so-ever that we even had the account. and when i acquired as to why i havnt received any sort of monthly notice about the account, they said bills and invoices are only generated when there is activitly on the account, and since it hasnt been used in 2 years, i had no idea it was even there..

i ended up telling them just to cancel the account, and remove me from their customer list. i got a call 2 days later from the "head of financing" department(yea right), he apologized for the 'problems' we had with the account, and offered me ANOTHER CC with a lower interest rate, and higher limit.. are you KIDDING ME!!!!! NO MEANS NO.... leave me the hell alone..

i just had to laugh over the whole situation.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??