I'm sorry I offended you, Scott, but if you will read my post again (carefully, as I just did ), you will see that I did not in any way infer that the liberal position is philosophically baseless, or that people who hold that view have not reasoned their way through to those positions. I merely stated that the philosophical core to modern liberalism is, IMO, Marx.

I did say (and I'll stand by it) that many of the young folks out there - like the moronic protestors in NY, and a few wonderful but confused members of this forum - may not realize that to advocate for gay rights, drug legalization, abortion rights, etc..., while simultaneously advocating redistributive tax policy, strict limits on the development and/or use of private property, environmental restrictions, etc..., does not reflect a consistent philosophical point of view. You are either FOR individual freedoms OR you are FOR government regulation of individual behavior for the greater good. Everybody seems to want to pick and choose which freedoms they want to keep for themselves and which ones they want to take from others.

Who's writing that stuff for you, 2x6? It is just too good!