Unfortunately, I hurt my back a couple of days ago while working in the yard and I'm having a hard time sitting in this chair - so I must be brief.

It seems like the biggest issues down here in soCal are race and class. Minorities are always finding white racism to be at the core of all conlicts, while the poor white folks are always finding economic disparity to be the source of society's ills.

A while back one of our Canadian friends pointed out that Thomas Jefferson borrowed heavily from John Locke and others in writing the Declaration of Independence. Where Jefferson wrote, "...life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness," Locke had, "...life, liberty and property." The United States is a capitalist country and has a representative, democratically elected gov't.

If 90% of the people agree to take the wealth of the other 10%, that is not democracy. That is stealing - mob rule. If you don't like being poor (I've accepted it ) then invest in yourself and do something about it. Bill Cosby's recent rant should have been delivered to all of us not just the black community.