When I was a young man, I had such high hopes for the UN - here was an international organization which would advance the cause of world peace, prosperity, public health, education, in short an organization which would help dignify and improve the human condition.

What a disappointment! The UN is now a debating society for representatives of tyrants, which advances the causes of police state kleptocracies rather than democracy.

It is such a scandal that representatives of Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Syria, who chaired the UN Human Rights Commission so venemously criticize the US and Israel while they remain thuderously silent on the genocidal efforts of Arab Muslims in Sudan, Somalia, Chad, Nigeria, etc. etc.

The UN's now notorious OIL for PALACES program is one of the greatest frauds in history, but one which benefitted France and Russia, countries which sold their security council votes to keep the Saddam Hussein regime in place so the money train could keep rolling. Did the UN blink an eye about Saddam Hussein's mass murders of Iraqis or Kurds?

The UN Secretariat bureaucracy is driven by kick backs both monetary and sexual.

The UN is not a light unto the nations. It has become the instrument of the craven which supports oppression all over the world.

So, query: Does the United States require the approval of the UN before the US takes action to effectuate our foreign policies or defend our national security?

There is a body of opinion that the only legitimate use of US force is in giving effect to UN policies. In my opinion, anyone who argues that the US should subject its foreign policy is arguing in favor of giving up our sovereignty and putting our force and wealth at the disposal of a depraved international bureaucracy driven by oppressive fascistic regimes who can only agree on two propositions - 1. The US is evil and should be thwarted at every turn, 2. Israel is evil and should be destroyed.

The UN is a disgrace.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 09/30/04 06:35 PM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.