craig,

There was no hatred in my post from another forum. Perhaps I should have included the context, in which a red-stater accused a blue-stater of trying to impose his will upon other people. Whatever hatred you see is in your own eye.

As for me having no interest in hearing what conservatives have to say (read: you), that's simply untrue. While I honestly can't say I missed your presence in this thread -- I did miss it in the other threads -- that has nothing to do with the content of your message, but everything to do with its delivery. I'm probably guilty of the same.

And did I say anything at all about the validity of your suggestions re marriage? No. Does that mean I dismissed them? No. They are great ideas, but so is shrinking governement and removing and and all corporate control of it. Do I think that's going to happen any time soon? I don't think so. There's a big difference between what's possible and what's right. The way the system is set up right now, the most practical way of ensuring people's rights is by guaranteeing them through amendments. That's how our country works. I don't see it changing anytime soon.