Scrap the UN? That's the best idea I've heard tonight. Many people seem to view the UN as some kind of early-days Federation from Star Trek, a unifying body of like minds. It's very unfortunate, but this optimistic view of the UN is misguided. The UN does NOT have the best interests of the US in mind. In fact, a good case can be made for stating that the UN is about as anti-American as you can get, while maintaining enough composure to happily accept the massive US contributions/dues. As we saw with Iraq, three of the largest European powers threw us under the bus in order to maintain their own personal corrupt agenda. I say, pull the funding, disband the damn thing, and start over w/ equal power. That way, the Frogs won't have veto power over a nation willing to actually do a damn thing beside bend over and take it.

OK...I'm done for the night. Political talk does nothing but stress me out. These problems have gotten far beyond our control. When I really think about it, I fear for the future of my little girl, who hopefully will be arriving in the next couple weeks. I guess the best I can do is just do my best to raise an intelligent and compassionate young lady....and hope that the rest of the world can finally get it's #$%& together before they blow it all up.