I'll second INANE's disdain for European public opinion. Who cares?

Gorbachev let loose some small reforms, sent signals to their republics and puppet states that reforms would not be frowned upon by Moscow, and the thing snowballed out of control. Why did the empire crumble from within? Because it was illegitimate and did not have the emotional support of the people it governed. Same deal in Iraq. We drove some tanks around Baghdad and the people came out in droves to get rid of their illegitimate oppressors. How anyone can call a war that ends like that "wrong" is beyond me.

The enemies of America, democracy and capitalism wish to destroy the American people's support for their own gov't - so that we might crumble from within, too. The agents of this attack are primarily liberal professors, celebrities and media members whose power of speech outweighs that of the rest of us. With large numbers of people distrustful of their own gov't, ashamed of their history and tradition, wrought with an inferiority complex over "European intellectualism", paralyzed by a relativist view of the world, etc... the stage would be set for big changes in American gov't. Call me paranoid, but that's the way I see it.