PM - I think I have to side w/ these guys on this. I think that we all agree that there are practicing Muslims around the world that want to live peaceful lives like the rest of us. However, at this juncture in world history, Islam is solely responsible for a vast amount of terror, suffering, and hatred. You ask us to separate the religion from our hatred for the terrorists. The problem with that request is that their religion forms the underpinning of their quest. I was talking about this with my Dad this weekend.....They aren't fighting simply to get us out of their region....they are not fighting for the "little guy" on the street....they are fighting because they hate us.....they are fighting because we are infidel that threatens to disrupt/corrupt their Muslim existence. If you believe that, then it's difficult to separate the two.

Also, as others have stated, I don't see any part of the Muslim world standing up and condemning what has been done in the past and what is still going on at the hands of these animals. Hell, I don't remember even seeing it from any Muslim groups here in the US...even after 9/11. Until that changes, I see no reason to cut them any slack. They have a radical segment of their religion that is committing atrocities around the world and they don't have the balls to stand up and say to the world that it is wrong and is not indicative of Islam's core tenets. It's pathetic.

2X6 - Honest question: Where did you learn so much about the region, the politics, the history, etc? As we have seen numerous times in this thread, you have a substantial understanding of the region, both past and present. So, I was just curious whether it was from a college major or simply from personal education (ie Internet, Media).

INANE - I think that there are quite a few of us here that either consider ourselves to be Libertarian or at least maintain views that are in line with the Libertarian party. Personally, I think that the party will not gain any major headway in our political system until they grow up and back-burner the legalize hemp/marijuana argument. I will assert that there are many that believe in this argument, even on the left and right. However, I think that this issue marginalized the party, because it's a petty issue when considered in the context of terrorism, social security, taxes, and the economy. Yes, it should be a long-term goal for the party, but it certainly should not remain at the center of the party's platform. If it does, the Libertarian party has no chance of attaining any level of prominence.