I am so glad to see this thread is still alive. I've been neck-high in dirty diapers and spitup, so I've had to limit my board surfing.

Just saw an interesting thing on Drudge Report.

Apparently, Kerry has contacted one of the Swift Boat vets that he roomed with in Vietnam to find out why they were beating up on him so hard. I guess he ended the conversation with a request to meet with him face-to-face, which was declined by the fellow vet.

I wonder what that's all about....hmmmm, let me think...."Will you guys cut this out? What's it going to take to put an end to this? How much katsup will it take?"

Drudge is also reporting that Kerry's own journals are stating that they had not been fired upon yet.....9 days after the incident with his first purple heart. I guess the campaign is trying to control the flames by floating the possibility that his first award was for self-inflicted wounds.

Man, this thing is falling apart right around him. His service in Vietnam is truthfully not pertinent to his ability to be President, but he used it as a deciding issue and it's now stuck to him like a bad case of herpes.

Yes, I know that I'm quoting something that is only breaking, but Drudge is usually on the mark. The interesting part will be if the mainstream media starts to pick up the story. As is always the case, they may be slanted to the Left, but they usually give in and run a damaging story if the story has enough meat to it...just ask Clinton.