I agree. The more and more I learned about the administration in the months leading up to, well, yesterday, the more I began to realize that President Bush was the most palatable guy there.

The Straussians (a.k.a. neo-conservatives) like Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz are who we have to worry about. They push the idea that America is the only force of good on the planet, and our destiny is to fight evil around the world. They blatantly lie about threat levels -- ample evidence exists that they did this in the past when they were trying to convince Reagan that the Soviet Union was trying to take over the world -- and use religion as a tool to sway the masses.

They do all this for one reason -- they think liberal ideas, and liberals in general are causing moral decay in America. Only a large, powerful enemy -- currently terrorists, formerly communists -- can unite the people into a homogeneous mass of double-plus-good Americans.

It's good to hear that Rumsfeld might be leaving, but I have no confidence that anyone with a different ideology will be allowed to take his place.

Yeah, I'm a bit pessimistic right now, but really, I'm hoping for the best. Give me a few days to get my spirits up.