In reply to:

Do you honestly feel that healthcare should only be available to those who can pay for it? If so that's just one of those things we'll have to agree to disagree on.

Spiff,

This is one area in which we "right wingers" get painted with the wrong brush. We do not want people to die, or to get sick and stay sick. Our issue is how we get from point A to point B. Kerry just wants to reach into our pockets, open our wallets, and hand over the cash to the government. Once the money is there, we have lost control of it. We have to beg politicians to actually spend it on healthcare instead of other stuff. They will come up will all sorts of qualifications that must be met for us to get access to the healthcare (IF they spent the money). So while we are lying there sick, we need to hire a lawyer to fight the system for us and then we finally get the bare minimun level of service when we finally "win". The laywers on both side are the only winners, walking away with 1/3 of the money that was supposed to be used to vaccinate 3000 children.

We believe that if you are CAPABLE of paying for healthcare, then you should have to pay for it. We believe that we need to get the politicians and lawyers OUT of there as much as practically possible in order to stop draining HUGE amounts of money away from the actual delivery of health care. We believe that there are enough rich liberals out there to get together and donate their money to a fund that could assist those who can't afford to pay for their own health care. (Only kidding - us conservatives would donate as well). Consider this. Michael Moore could take the profits of Falsenheight 911, subtract what it cost him to make the movie, and maybe put a hundred grand or 2 in his bank account, and then personally pay for the healthcare of about 100,000 people for a year. Call Whoopie, Ben Afflict, Linda Rhonstat, and the rest of the gang. Do a show, buy people healthcare. Exactly how much money do you guys waste blasting Bush over healthcare, anyway? Drive the freaking cash down to the hospital and sit in the ER. Pay people's bills right there on the spot. How come nobody calls these Hollywood types out, anyway? Shoot, they could just pay for the whole darn healthcare system all by themselves without us, and STILL afford their cocaine and caviar. Why do we let them get away with bashing Bush without asking them to put their money where their mouths are? Why the hell does Michael Moore need to come after my little paycheck for the money? What am I supposed to do when I have to pay for my own father's medical bills? Go back to the government and beg for it just like everyone else, I guess. The point is, we should not screw up the entire healthcare system because a small percentage of the population can not afford it. We should optimize the healthcare system to make it the absolute most modern, best system it can be. It should be priced so that Americans who fall into the $20,000 - $60,000 a year salary range can afford it for their families. Some people will not be able to afford that, and it's up to the rest of us to help them because we want to, and because we can. To others, this cost will be extremely low, and I say oh well, good for them, the lucky rich bastards.

Faith based organizations are the way to go, simply because it is what they do. They help people. Our church has paid for several operations for people this year. Two of them weren't even members of our, or any church - they WERE athiests. I see them praying all the time now that they are healthy again. You really should see all of us right wingers whipping out the wallets when the Father announces "we will be passing the collection plate a second time today to help Mr. Johnson pay for his cancer surgery". It would bring a tear to your eye. Yet we get blasted because we really don't want to collect the money and send it to John Kerry so that he and his buddies can sit down and figure out if Mr. Johnson is a member of one of their "targeted" (see side rant in italics below) groups entitled to get that money. If he is, you can be sure that he would receive far les actual financial support than he got from the church. We just paid for the operation outright because he needed the help. I gave $30. He got every nickel of it. I'm happy about that. When I need an operation, they'll do the same for me. If I had sent $30 to DC for his healthcare, they might have given him $2 back.

Politicians want to control our lives, and they do it by limiting what we can spend, where we can spend it, and how we spend it. They also limit it by dividing us into little bitty groups that they HOPE will always feel depressed, downtrodden, victimized, and abused. Then they can come running into the room yelling "We're with the government, and we're here to help you.". Yes, they can. They created the problem.

Whenever you hear "targeted", substitute "no one" - it's a trick. They collect the money, keep it, and then tell everyone that they aren't in the "targeted" group. No one gets the money, and no one every realizes that no one fits the "target". Clinton's "targeted tax cut" would have been no tax cuts for anyone, but he would have just said, "they are there, you just don't qualify". We all think someone else is getting it, but no one is...

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.