"He trusts in his faith to lead him through, but you also need to care about facts, which he does not. He is putting the entire country at risk with only his faith to see us through. Doesn't that scare you?"

The situation in Iraq is actually looking pretty good, IMO. They have what - 125,000 Iraqi troops trained? We're moving on Fallujah, which indicates to me that the Iraqis are ready to take over control of security operations after the battle. I'm guessing the assault on Fallujah was delayed because they knew it would be an ugly scene for American troops to hold long term. The Iraqi forces must be ready now to hold the town afterwards.

Bush isn't making all of these decisions. But, whoever is has really shown tactical brilliance, a strong desire to limit US casualties, an intent to minimize civilian casualties and win hearts and minds. Same goes for the war in Afghanistan.

Ask the Russians about trying to take over Afghanistan. Ask the Iranians about fighting the Iraqis. What the military has accomplished is no small feat. Whoever is calling the shots needs to stay there, IMO.

And no, I'm not anymore scared with Bush at the helm. We have always been at risk. We grew up with the threat of Soviet missiles raining down at any time (my commie sister had me really freaked out about that stuff when I was little). I'd be more concerned if we showed weakness now.