Will, it's not a matter of going to a community college. Sure I could go to some college if I wanted, but the opportuniy to go to a highly respected college where I will get a degree that actually means something in a highly competitve industry is a completely different story. There are people in this country who are extremely bright and intellectually deserving of a quality higher education. A lot of those kids are not in a position to ever get it without some aid. The government needs to find those kids and help them through school. A well educated population is critical in the continued success of this nation in the world. It is at least as important as a strong military and a tough stance of terrorism.

Do you want North Korea to nuke you? Do you want a programmer who went to Chester County Community College working on the software that will run on the radars and interceptors trying to keep you safe? Or would you rather that guy majored in Computer Science and Mathematics at Penn, and graduated at the top of his class?

Do any of you have a relative with a pacemaker? You know those things are programmed right? I doubt you want that software to crash. Or what about the back-end trading software used on wall street? How about the encryption technologies used by our military? I could go on for a while...and this is just one industry out of many with similarly critical systems.

[black]-"The further we go and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."[/black]