France and Russia, despite public announcements suggesting the contrary, are still building Iran's nuclear weapons production infrastructure. IAEC expects Iran to start producing nuclear weapons as soon as next year.

Here's a piece from "Iran Focus:"

"Girl, 16, hanged in public in Iran Fri. 20 Aug 2004
On Sunday, August 15, a 16-year-old girl in the town of Neka, northern Iran, was executed. Ateqeh Sahaleh was hanged in public on Simetry Street off Rah Ahan Street at the city center.
The sentence was issued by the head of Neka’s Justice Department and subsequently upheld by the mullahs’ Supreme Court and carried out with the approval of Judiciary Chief Mahmoud Shahroudi.
In her summary trial, the teenage victim did not have any lawyer and efforts by her family to recruit a lawyer was to no avail. Ateqeh personally defended herself. She told the religious judge, Haji Rezaii, that he should punish the main perpetrators of moral corruption not the victims.
The judge personally pursued Ateqeh’s death sentence, beyond all normal procedures and finally gained the approval of the Supreme Court. After her execution Rezai said her punishment was not execution but he had her executed for her “sharp tongue”."

As a lifelong liberal, I have to admit that multicultural and moral relativism breaks down as a philosophy in the face of evil. Tolerance of evil does not advance the liberal concept of "tolerance," it advances the cause of evil.

Yes, it may not be easy for liberals to admit, but there is evil in the world. Hannah Arendt was incorrect when she concluded "evil is banal." On the contrary, evil is malignant, active and is at war with us. Yes, friends, we may not be perfect, but remember who spilled into the streets to celebrate when the twin towers came down.

France made a historic and strategic decision under DeGaulle, to align with the Arab block in the UN, attempt to steer a European policy adverse to that of the US. That policy included open immigration from Muslim countries, an about face regarding France's historic support for tiny Israel's contest with its implacable neighbors for its existence, withdrawal from the NATO military structure, and constant adversity to US foreign policy.

Chirac gave a nice sword to Sadam Hussein. I wonder if Hussein took anyone's head with that sword.

Though a lifelong democrat, I was glad, on 9/11 that my guy lost. I felt much more comfortable with an ass kicking cowboy in the White House, someone who sees the world in terms of good and evil, than Gore who would still be discussing our response to 9/11 with the French and Russians and asking the national alter egos of Al Qaeda what we could do to make them less angry at us.

I have a neighbor who ran over to me immediately after the World Trade Center towers came down and asked me whether I agreed with her that building tall buildings was an arrogant insult to "people in that part of the world?"

So, maybe we should just abandon our friends, conform our foreign policy to the demands of the Mullahs, curb our arrogance and build nothing taller than 2 story mud huts, and convert, then maybe we won't earn the understandable hatred of so many.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 08/22/04 06:10 PM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.