ScottA ... I take offense to YOU.

1. What makes you think being a liberal means you care more about others. The evil Dick Cheyney donated over 25% of his gross income to charity last year... the highest % of the four (Bush, Kerry, Edwards, Cheyney). And personally my wife and I donate over $100k per year to charity. We built our businesses from scratch.. no government help at all.

2. If you cannt afford insurance in the US... a hospital HAS to take care of you... and can bill the govt.

3. Our 13 year old is diabetic, as in your example, he did not choose to get it. $50k of the above mentioned donations go to Diabetes research. Plus we pay for our own insurance.

4. Policing the world... Who got the Vietnam war going ? Democrats. Kosovo ? Democrats. Korea? Democrats. Grenada ? Republicans. Iraq ? Republicans... This is not a liberal/conservative issue... by the way, we spend appx. $40 domestically for every $1 on foreign aid.

Understanding that I was responsible for myself, and that working directly to improve my life as well as the lives of my family and employees led me to being a conservative. The other areas that led me to conservatism is that absolute corruption that exists in ALL government programs.