And I understand your angst PM ... But I have to ask, Why is gay marriage so important ?

Gay marriage, straight marriage, Bigamy ... NONE should never even appear in government. Marriage is a RELIGIOUS institution. The government being involved in subsidizing ITS version of marriage would be like government having an official, sanctioned prayer.

There should be NO such thing as government marriage licenses. THAT is the problem, not these amendments.

And it all gets back to money. If you eliminate all the government's control of money by behaving the way they want us to, ALL of these problems go away.

For example, take a person who detests the mere idea of EVER marrying, Why should THEY not have the "right" to leave their estate and Social Security to whomever they desire.

Again, look at the elimination of the IRS, Estate Taxes, and ANY government licensing of marriage, and Spiff can marry as a gay in any church he desires, and HE gets the choice to do with HIS money and life as HE sees fit.

So does Jack as a single man ...

Personally, I am for more freedom for EVERYONE.

Last edited by craigsub; 11/06/04 09:56 PM.