In reply to:

Let's face it, however much you want to paint them as partisan, it's pretty compelling that almost all of his peers in Vietnam think he's either outright lying or just embellishing on all of his stories about Vietnam. Before you go and tow the party line about these guys, you should do a little research into what they are saying.

Did you read the links in my post, Turbo? Several of these people have already admittedly embellished their stories. None of these people actually served on the same boat as Kerry, all of them on the day in question (regarding his silver star) were over 50 yards away, and all but one of his actual fellow crew members have nothing but the highest praise for him. I wouldn't say almost all his peers have a bad opinion of him.

And besides, here's my biggest problem with this whole situation. If you're going to judge someone unfit to command based on his previous military service, then you've got to be even across the board. Now tell me, who would you find more fit to command:

Candidate A: Voluntarily served in Vietnam. Highly decorated and reviewed by his commanding officers, respected by those under him.

Candidate B: Served with National Guard, after admitting he didn't have the option of moving to Canada. Missed medical exams, questionable attendance at required events, requested transfer to what essentially was a desk job. May or may not have been AWOL.

Tough choice, isn't it?