In reply to:

It's good to hear that Rumsfeld might be leaving

that is very good, if its true?

it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but i have a true concern for the manner in which he is trying to mold the military sectors of the government with civilian control. i didnt mention this before, cause i wanted to ask her if it was OK first, but i have a good friend who's uncle is the assistant secretary of the army, colonel les brownlee. when the sec of the army stepped down, general brownlee, who is a highly decorated officer in the army, stepped in to do the job with the intent that he would take over the position. rumsfeld moved in, and has tried to put 2 different civilians into that position, and bypassed colonel brownlee. both of those civilians resigned the position, leaving brownlee to still do the job, but only on an interm basis. despite the fact that he has full backing and support from both the house and senate, democrats and republicans alike, rumsfeld still refuses to appoint him to the secretary of the army position. and why? thats a good question.. once again, it boils down to rumsfeld's desire to breakdown the upper command of the military, and replace them with civilians that he can control, who have NO military experience what so ever.

and bush is no where to be found in this whole deal. to me, a perfect example of his 'passing the responsibilty' type attitude. he could do something about this, but its just easier to let rumsfeld take the heat.

bigjohn

Last edited by bigjohn; 11/03/04 10:23 PM.

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??