In reply to:

I sleep well right now with a President that is as pissed off as I am about these parasites out there trying to end my child's life because she lives in a country that doesn't want to oppress her and perhaps stone her for talking back to her husband.

You had me going until this point. I fundamentally disagree with you that this is the primary reason we were attacked -- and are being attacked.

So now that I've riled everyone up, I need to tell you that no, I don't believe there's a massive fascist conspiracy brewing in our country, but there are some pseudo-fascist tendencies. For example, whereas a fascist would say all the liberals should be rounded up and then take steps to make it happen, a pseudo-fascist jokes about it but wishes it were really true.

Yes, I picked extremes to illustrate my point, so I apologize if I ruffled your feathers. I DO love this country. Despite all I said, I still think it's the best place to live.

About where I'm coming from, I don't believe you can fight a "war on terror" effectively. I DO believe we have to take action against people/groups that mean to do us harm -- that they do is abundantly clear. Yes, military action is justified. I never said we shouldn't retaliate. I also believe that we need to do more than retaliate. We need to toss out the naive reasoning about WHY they hate us and get down to the root causes. This will take a lot of time, but I believe brains are ALWAYS better than braun in the long run. And isn't the long run really what this whole "war on terror" all about? Violence breeds violence. Iraq has made that abundantly clear.

In your eyes, I am a liberal simply because I disagree with the actions of the current administration. The thing is, I don't disagree with the goals of the administration, particularly in relation to terrorism. Of course it needs to be eliminated, in all its forms. What I disagree with is the methods of the administration.

Is that really so bad?