Craigsub,

Sorry, apparently I took the "YOU" in capital letters differently than you intended. You are correct in that a hospital cannot refuse emergency care to anyone in need. I understand that, my wife works in the medical field.

I definitely do not think all conservatives are uncaring. That would be ridiculous. There are also many uncarring liberals. There are always those that worry only about themselves.

I get tired of hearing how every individual that needs assistance is some kind of evil lowlife scum. Yes there are abuses, but there are those that truly need assistance. The handicapped did not choose to be that way, but if not for many programs they would find it difficult to survive. I described my fathers case and frankly it pisses me off to hear people basically say it is his fault and he should receive no assistance. We tend to focus on the abuses in any program and assume everyone is like those who abuse. That is not the case.

As a kid, I worked in a convenience store and saw the same abuse with foodstamps. People would by food with the stamps and save their cash for alcohol and cigarettes. Clearly an abuse of the system. But I have seen others that do work, but need foodstamps to help feed their families.

Like I said before, things are not black and white no matter how much we would like them to be.

Scott