Hi jtmccoy, I think the reason we didn't keep fighting in Korea until the entire peninsula was unified was because the Chinese entered the fight and we were unable to defeat them in an Asian ground war without a complete national military mobilization and perhaps the use of nuclear weapons.

I'm a life-long democrat, but I understand that Bush's policy in Iraq presents an enormous opportunity not only to advance US foreign policy interests, but one which could fundamentally change the character of Mid East political life. Now, the idea of introducing a democratic form of government into a Mid East country may be extremely difficult given the total absence of any democratic experience or institutions, but if successful, what a "lamp unto the nations" a democratic Iraq would present to its neighbors.

I don't think there's any doubt but that Iraq had WMD, after all, they used them frequently and enthusiastically. France, Russian and China would have undone the sanctions regime against Iraq and once the real oil money started to flow, is there any doubt but that Saddam Hussein would have acquired WMD?

If the sanctions regime and no-fly zone restrictions collapsed what would have been the fate of the Kurds in northern Iraq? I'd venture a guess based on Saddam's previous behavior, the Ba'athist Nazis would have irradicated them. Turkey would not have protested. Europe may have mumbled "isn't that terrible," but do you think the EU would have raised a shout against another systematic effort to murder Kurds?

Yes, the Ba'athist Nazis from Syria are doing their best to undermine a democratic state in Iraq, as are the mullahs of Iran and the Jihadists from all over the Uma, so Iraq has become the place of battle between civilization and Jihad.

I think Bush is a not terribly bright ass kicking cowboy who sees the world in black and white, good and evil. I think that is exactly what we need at this point in time.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.