In reply to:

Zarak - I would not expect the US to attack any other countries in the near future. Diplomacy is at work as we speak.....it will be a bumpy road, but it's already in the works in both Iran and N.Korea. Your response is going to be that we didn't use diplomacy in Iraq, so why should we expect to see it elsewhere. My response has been covered numerous times in this thread. We attacked Iraq because we could. They were in direct violation of the UN sanctions, thhey had been playing cat and mouse w/ the UN/US for over 10 years, they had a documented inventory of weapons following the first war, and they had a documented and undisputed intent to gather more weapons. The green flag was there and there was no reason to believe that Iraq was ever going to fully abide by all of the sanctions. In the climate we were in, the President "took the shot". I don't want to get back into the argument about whether it was a good decision, etc. I'm just saying that the Iraq situation is completely different than both Iran and N.Korea.

This is a war on terror though, right? Not just Afghanastan and Iraq. We may be using diplomacy with these other countries, but the leaders aren't always where the terror originates from. There are terrorist groups in lots of different countries. How does the war with those terrorist groups proceed?