i am tore on that issue too.. i have no probs with gays and lesbians, more power to ya.. but once again, as with most issues in america now, it comes down to changing a 'standard', to adapt to a small number of americans. its just a word, marriage, but why are we freaking out so much over it?? i dont know, i wish i did. but i do think the word represents a unity of man and woman.. i mean, really, it has been that way for , oh lets see, FOREVER. and now, to accomidate a very small group of the american public, we may have to change that definition. are we who oppose it being petty, maybe. but do we have the right to defend what has been our norm forever, yes we do.

i really hate that this has to even be an issue. i believe in gay/lesbian rights. i think that a gay couple SHOULD be able to make life decisions for their mates, and be able to have joint insurance coverage, and have the same benefits and rights of a married couple.. but, are they married, no.. should we make it a 'civil union', hell yes, by all means.

this is where i have inner conflict over this subject. i truly believe homosexual couples should have the same rights as married couples.. but , i dont think they should be called married, or have a marriage, in the classic sense of the word.

does that make me a hypocrit?? i dont know.. but i know thats how i feel, and i hope no one is offended.

PS- i kinda compare it to no more praying at high school football games.. SHORT STORY- here in texas, we say(or used to) a prayer before the start of every game on the stadium loud speakers. a few years a go, an islamic family that had a son playing football in houston, was appaled that they had to say a prayer to a god that they didnt believe in, and went to the state courts. long story short, they made it a state law that it is illegal to have a public prayer at a football game, so we dont 'offend' anyone.. ??? hello, so we had to change out heritage and tradition during friday night lights, just so we dont offend a very small group of people. thats just not right to me.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??