"I wouldn't be surprised if the Bush campaign DID say exactly that. After all, the are constantly on the lookout for scapegoats and other people to take the blame for their lack of detail-oriented planning."

You really believe that? I'm guessing not. What scapegoats? What lack of planning? Ask the Russians how well we planned in Afghanistan. Ask the Iranians how well we planned in Iraq. If Rumsfeld is responsible for the BRILLIANT military successes in these two campaigns then he needs to stay put (Kerry said the winning of the war in Iraq was "brilliant", too, didn't he? ).

Who is Guliani in the Presidential race? Regardless, he was stating that for Kerry to criticize the POTENTIAL loss of those munitions, it is actually a critique of the military and not Bush. Would you also blame Bush for the wrong turn Jessica Lynch and her convoy took? Maybe he should have given them a call to make sure they knew where they were going? Blame FDR for the landing craft operators on D-Day who dropped their soldiers in 20 feet of water? "FDR planned for the invasion, but not the swim to shore?"

You CANNOT deny that the media has given Kerry favorable treatment, and simultaneously blasted Bush for his entire term. You can change the subject if you like, but to the extent that the media affects public opinion (which is considerable) this race has been influenced by the powers that be at the HQs of our newspapers, TV stations, and magazines. Freedom of the press or cynical manipulation of public opinion? IMO, it's the latter. If you respect democracy, the public should simply be informed to make their own decisions.

"I know you like the support the sitting president, so I'll seriously feel for you if Kerry wins: you'll need to do some serious mental gymnastics to escape from the ideological hole you've wedged yourself into."

If Kerry wins he will be judged by what he does in office and likely not by how he got there.

As a teacher I do feel it necessary to send kids the message that their country is great, their political tradition rich and unique, and their chances of personal success high. What other message would you want the teachers of your son to send? I have to be positive. The commies at Berkeley may feel cute ripping America apart, but I'm more interested in helping kids find a happy life in our society.

So, yeah, I will have to find something to like about Kerry if he gets elected. For starters I'm going to go place a big fat wager on him to win tomorrow. That way if Kerry wins, I'll win some dough... if Bush wins, we'll all win.