I'm somewhere in the middle, but I'm glad to see someone that is pro Bush admit he is wrong about some things. A lot of pro Bush people seem to think you agree with everything as he does or you are a Dem, Anti-american, etc. No matter which side you fall on, people need to be able to think for themselves instead of just blindly agreeing with everything their party leader says.

My biggest with Bush is the spending. We likely need to raise taxes ( a little) and cut spending ( a lot) in order to a surplus and starting paying off our enormous debt. Any business would have been bankrupt a long time ago.

I realize this is not just Bush and it has been going on for a long time. The budget thing they had that forced balanced spending (add some here, take away from here) that ended in 2002 ( I believe) was a good start in that direction, but it has ended under Bush.

As long as I don't think they are a complete moron on other issues, my vote goes to the guy that will start putting a plan in place to fix the deficit. We're throwing money away on interest and debt, whereas if there was an overall surplus (I know, it will take a long time) we could actually be getting some interest and having extra money from that to put into things.

People and businesses must have a surplus (in the long run) to survive and not go bankrupt...why not govt?