Hey Will,

You see, Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Somalia, and Iraq are all different cases. Should we have kept fighting in Korea until the entire peninsula was unified--yeah, I think so. The goals were very clear, who the enemy was was very clear. Also, the Koreans wanted us there to help keep the communists out. They were and have been our strong allies Who the enemy was was very clear. Not so in the case of Vietnam, so no, I don't think we should have kept fighting in Vietnam, at least not by using the same tactics we were. Our motivations for fighting there were different than the the motivations the South Vietnamese had. They didn't fear and hate the communists like the Koreans did, who the enemy was was not always, they didn't really want us there clear, etc., etc. Basically, totally different time, totally different situation. As for Cuba, we've never fought a war there, so I'm not sure what you meant there. As for Somalia, I'll have to admit that I haven't done enough research to reply to that either. I think we did it right in Kosovo (overall) though. As for Iraq, I'm glad Hussein is no longer in power, but the way we've gone about things has created a huge mess that I think could've been avoided.

See, the issue is now is strategy...Bush's (if he even has a strategy) simply is not working, and I think it's time we pull our heads out the sand and acknowledge that. He and his administration really have made a colossal mess over there.

It's very fair of Kerry and his supporters to say the strategy is not working, that Iraq is in a mess, and that there needs to be a new administration who will right the wrongs of the past administration. We believe success is still possible in Iraq, but not with Bush.

Fight on 'SC! Three-Pete Baby!