In reply to:

trot out and look good for the cameras

well, theres a little more to it than that, but i understand the point you are trying to make.

i have been saying from the get-go, that the only way george w will win this election, is if the democrats keep screwing things up!! well, i never thought kerry was the best choice, actually, i really didnt care for any of them.. but, that is the man that the party has chosen, so i have to deal with it.

but, i will say this(and probably piss a lot of y'all off).. if the democratic party would have chosen a better candidate to run against george w, then this election wouldnt even be close. it would be a dang near sure win for the demos. i truly believe there are a lot more people in this country that want to see bush gone, than there are that want to see him stay.. the only problem is, the demos have given us a weak candidate, and so it then becomes a choice of the 'lesser of two evils'.. and those voters riding the fence, half will fall demo, half will fall repub. hence, the much closer election..

there is still lots of time before nov 2nd.. i am content to let things roll on and see where it goes..

BTW- i would like to say that, as a texan, i aint gettin to see none of the TV ads for either party.. it is pretty much agreed that george w will sweep texas, so neither party is even bothering wasting money on commercials down here.. just thought i would throw that in there.. that is a WHOLE element of their campaigns that i will never see..

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??