jorge016, no offense, but you sound just like that Terry McCauliffe (sp?) guy from the DNC. Since you are so well informed - could you please answer the question I had earlier: What is there to like about John Kerry? What has he done since his return from Vietnam that would make me think he would be a good President?

About Iraq:

"His idea that Saddam was an "imminent threat" has been proved wrong-we're in Iraq because Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice thought it would be another short military exercise of shock and awe. Destroy a country from 20,000 feet then go in and mop up. Now we occupy a country without the troop numbers to adequately do the job. Bush's shortcomings as a commander in chief are apparent - whether it's Kerry or Bush, Bush has put us in a no-win position."

If indeed Saddam did not posess the WMD stockpiles then he probably was not an IMMEDIATE threat to the US. Eventually, he would have been - and at that time he would have been stronger and more dangerous. If you have termites in your house is there any reason to wait?

It was a short and impressive campaign, despite all the attempts by the media and analysts to convince us otherwise (supply lines, not securing ground on the push to Baghdad, etc...). How many troops would it take to secure a nation of 28 million by force? An extra 25,000? Please. The Iraqis have to assume the reins regardless of the number of our troops on the ground.

You know, the party line stuff is unnecessary here (do it all you want though ). The election won't be won or lost on the Axiom forum - I think we all know how we're voting already.