PM - The issue is not talking against the war. The issue is his ever-changing position on the war. As I've said before, Kerry continues to prance around blasting the President on things that he previously supported. He continues to call the President a liar and distort facts to gain political points. The world is watching this and the terrorists are loving the show. What better than to watch a presidential candidate trash the President, the coalition, and the Iraqi interim government all in the same sitting? No one ever talks about the stories of Vietnam POWs having the words of Kerry showered over them during torture sessions, because it's too inflamatory for the media. Today, you won't hear the mainstream media bring up the point that Kerry's pathetic tactics are potentially fueling the oppposition and endangering our troops. I'll guarantee you this, they're watching and they're loving what they are seeing.

Zarak - As far as Edwards' closing statements go.....BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! Edwards got his a$$ handed to him by the VP.....clean and simple. Edwards sat there all night spewing out the tired Dem rhetoric while Cheney confounded him with his level of knowledge on issues. When asked to make statements about himself without using Kerry's name at all, he couldn't do it....he did it twice and when he didn't use his name, he would talk about "we". It was pathetic. The man is completely unprepared for the job and it was evident. When asked about his level of inexperience and what makes him a viable candidate, he completely sidestepped the question and picked up his Kerry pom-poms. It was painful. If I didn't know better, Kerry was under the table feeding him lines or doing something else.

Cheney spoke in his normal dry tone, I'll give you that. However, the content of his dialog was much richer than his opponent's. You could tell over and over that he could continue his discussion for much longer than the alotted time...something you didn't see in Edwards. He pounded home what Bush couldn't in the debate. He pounded home a clean message that the Senate records of both Edwards and Kerry do not reflect the core consistent values and determination that is necessary to be commander and chief. He potently slammed Edwards for the fact that he has the worst absentee record in the Senate, which Edwards couldn't rebut....because he is a "minnie-me" of Kerry....a greesy politician at heart that is there not to get work done, but to forward his career.

When discussing taxes, Cheney eloquently clarified how many small-business owners file their taxes as personal income, which would imply that, while the Bush tax cut applied to middle income families directly, they also applied to small business owners which supply the majority of new jobs in this country. Edwards blew this off and returned with the normal tired argument about the rich people by the pool getting tax cuts.....completely inflamatory remarks meant to divert attention away from Cheney's effective point.

When Edwards was posed with the question of how he and Kerry would build this broader coalition when the French and Germans have already stated their strong intent not to take part regardless of the election outcome, he completely sidestepped it with pie-in-the-sky remarks about how success breeds cooperation....how success in Iraq would inspire them to participate.....blah blah blah. When asked about how they planned to bring about that success, he started by saying that Bush/Cheney offer more of the same and then he proceeded to blurt out exactly what Bush/Cheney have been moving towards all along.....again exposing that they have no plan, except to execute the Bush/Cheney plan.

At the end of the day, we have a VP that the libs love to hate, because they see him as a "Big Business" whore. What they won't admit is that he has more government experience than any VP or President in history. What they'll never admit is that his knowledge-base on both foreign and domestic affairs is astounding. What they definitely won't admit is that their VP candidate and even their Pres candidate do not have the basic understanding, the record, the consistency, or the experience necessary to hold the highest position in the free world.

The pathetic part is that the mindless drones out there in the world either tuned out or blindly cheered for Edwards because Cheney was not a picture of flambouyance. Our only hope is that those with a moderate level of intelligence and education listened hard enough to the substance of each man's arguments. If so, then they would have heard the same debate that I heard.