"1) Those county by county maps are very misleading. The election is not decided by land mass, it's decided by population."

I don't think they're misleading at all. We know there are large concentrations of people in urban areas. They vote for the left for a number of reasons.

But that is only one community of voters. Outside of that community are huge numbers of smaller communities that are clinging to traditional values. They have been under attack from liberals and judicial activists for 40 years, yet they turned out big time in this last election.

BTW, what qualifies the people of these large, but isolated, urban communities to legislate whether bigjohn's community can say a prayer before a high school football game? I'm an atheist, but wtf! give allow people the ability to determine the values of their own communities.

Would you like it if the folks in the IE wanted the gov't to restrict gay public displays of affection in west LA? I'm guessing you would politely tell us to mind our own business, eh?