I have to call you out on this one. You state that you "check out" when you hear the "Flip-Flop" argument. I assume you do so brushing it off as simple partisan attack. The problem with this is the fact that the term being used has a very well-founded origin. To do so is to do exactly what Kerry is trying to do....you are trying to brush aside his 15+ years record in the Senate and vote him in solely based upon your disdain for the President. Truthfully, this is reckless. To disregard Kerry's voting record and the consistent contradictions in his positions is like picking your heart surgeon based upon his/her charm and good looks and not their qualifications.

I have to say that I'm fully surprised how much I hear people willing to vote for Kerry solely because they dislike Bush. It's such a apathetic/lazy approach to the responsibility of voting in this country. The choice of a leader needs to be made based upon the belief structure of the candidate and your confidence that his/her positions and record indicate that they will truly rise to the responsibilities of the office....not "just because".

If you want to see this idea in action, just take a walk into that crowd of protestors in New York. Yes, a few may be knowledgeable of the issues, but I would bet that they majority are these idiotic sheep caught up in the frenzy of Bush-hating wanna-be hippie mentality. Ask them to discuss Kerry's positions and watch the eyes gloss over or watch them try to divert the discussion to how "Bush is a liar!!...a warmonger!!!". In the end, you find the proof that it is our right as citizens to gather and protest, as well as our right as citizens to remain truly ignorant of how our government actually works.