Turbo - You think I am not clear sometimes... then feel free to ask me to clarify. I will be happy to oblige....

As for changing laws... Perhaps this will help make a point.

In 1900, If two men wanted to live together in a "civil union", all they needed to do was move in together. period.

There were no Social Security taxes to pay, no income taxes, either. Nor were there any estate taxes. As the government has grown, rights have been taken away. In the case of marriage, the government says a man and woman being married is good. They give a small tax break. The government says a marriage between two men is bad. Whoops ! ... no tax break.

I say, If they were not confiscating as much money as they currently are, they would not have this POWER to micro-manage.

My point is this: take away all these government controls on our lives, and none of this stuff matters.

In the example above, let's say the gay couple managed to save $1,000,000. NOW let's say that they were both old, and wanted to give all but $10,000 to relatives, they could in 1910.

Today, that would be illegal. Really... look it up. If you, in today's world, had $100,000,000... and wanted to give it away, you are going to be taxed on doing so... even though you paid taxes on the money when you earned it.

In the meantime, the government discriminates against ALL sorts of people. In our current method of government.... the following occurs regularly:

1. Some people are taxed $1 for making $100, others are taxed $40, while another is given a credit of $10.

2. Some people pay into Social Security for 45 years, and never get a dime back out. Others pay nothing, yet get hundreds of thousands.

3. Some people get higher education paid for by using taxpayer moneys, while others must foot his/her own bill.

4. My small business pays a far higher tax burden on income than does General Electric.

I could type for hours... but to summarize, since 1787, the US Government has taken away freedoms. Each new law takes more of our freedom. The solution to this is not MORE laws, it is repealing current laws...