ok....at the risk of taking sides or getting caught up in the politics thread (which is the most civil political discussion I have ever seen, kudos to all), I just want to wage in with one point.

Everyone says Saddam wasn't a threat to the US or the rest of the world. But my question is, what about his own people? No one ever really talks about what he did in that country and that to me, is the real crime. He butchered 1,000,000 of his own people for crying out loud - and people have the gall to say he didn't deserve to be removed!?! That makes me want to jump up and slap the person. It's a shame he wasn't removed earlier (and no need to repeat that Saddam was installed by the US - that's not the point).

I have travelled in Cambodia, walked through the killing fields and toured S-21. I've seen the emotional carnage that was brought to those people - the look of horror on their faces when you say the name Pol Pot. Saddam Hussein will undoubtedly leave similar physical and emotional scars on the Iraqi people that will take generations to heal.

For anyone that said the Iraq war was unjustified, I ask you, how many people does a dictator have to slaughter for it to become justified? Ten thousand? One Hundred thousand? Five Hundred thousand? A million? My god, Clinton went into to Yugoslavia to remove Slobodan and everyone thought he was a hero. Last tally I heard was Milosovic killed less than 1/4 the number of people Saddam did. Forgive my passion, but what the hell is wrong with this picture????????

"Chickens don't clap."