i dont know craig, i never really thought of it like that. i reckon i wouldnt have any problem with it like how you are saying.. although, it still kinda goes back to what i was saying.. that would would still be a change made to accomodiate a small group.

i think for me, it becomes a bigger issue of the greater america having to change to accomidtate small interest groups. its happening everywhere, and it is dividing this country. everyone is forced, if you want to or not, to take a side and decide which side of the line you are gonna stand on.. republican or democrat, pro-choice or pro-life, church or state, paper or plastic, de-caf or regular.. ?? we are forced to make decisions that can be extremely mundane to overly complex, that defines what category you will be placed in.. bottom line is, i DONT wanna be in a category. i DONT wanna change what i do and say to appease a very small group that in the long run, will have no bearing on how the rest of my life will play out.

i aint trying to get up on a pedastel here, just stating my general discontent with the way our nation is going.. but, to get back to your original question.. i WOULD be willing to make the change to 'civil unions' and marriages being separate, if it would make it to where gay couples could receive the same benefits that my spouse and i get. OK.. ?

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??