Adam,

I agree w/ what you are saying. Our whole system is based upon that freedom to criticize our government...to protest...to say what you want (within reason) without fear of reprisal from the government that is being criticized.

My problem is with what Kerry is doing in particular. He is a sitting US Senator publically bashing the President's policies when his own positions are often contrary to what he's saying. At other times, he is criticising policies and offering alternative soltutions which are not significantly different from those of Bush. He criticises the way that Bush executed the war when he is well aware that his litmus test for action was never going to be satisfied. He has the nerve to call the sitting president a liar during wartime when he knows very well that the President acted on what he considered to be good information at the time. He uses inflammatory words like "catastrophic failure" during wartime when he is fully aware that the war is being executed with an unheard of precision and effectiveness with a well below-average loss of life.

Yes, I'm fully aware that many do not agree with this war. The problem is that the world is listening to Kerry's remarks and he is acting without regard for the effect on our troops and our position in the world. Rather than support the war as Kerry claims to and simply clarify his differences in positions, he prances around and fires off inflammatory and devisive statements aimed solely at damaging the President's standing both here and abroad. Rather than focus on why John Kerry should be Commander and Chief, he's focusing on amplifying a tough time that we are having over there...on intensifying the fears that people have....on the lack of will that is rampant in society today. He is an opportunist in the purest sense and he continues to display that there is no bounds to what he'll do to obtain power. This is a time of war and he is a US Senator that shows no constraint and consideration with his remarks about our President, knowing full well that they have a dramatic effect on the morale of our troops and our standing in the world. I'll let you decide if that's un-American. I'll just say that it's pathetic and reckless.

Now....just to stir things up....What do you guys think about the assertion that Michael Moore's actions are un-American? Many are probably going to jump to his defense under freedom of speech. I personally look at the stories about his movie being distributed by Hesbolah sponsored media outlets as a source of disgust. I think about his movie being shown across the Middle East and it pi$$es me off to no end. You will claim it's free speech, but I'll call it as I see it.....it's hatred of America. Knowing full well that his movie contained a huge amounts of distortions and deceptions, he still went ahead with his media blitzkrieg, just because it served his political goal. His aim was purely to enflame both the US public and those abroad, no matter how much truth there was to his positions. Boiled down, he sought to damage the standing of the President and the US during a time of war using deception, just because he didn't agree with it. I guess I'm just one of those narrow minded "STUPID AMERICANS", but I don't think that we can narrow the definition of un-American far enough to exclude his fat a$$.