2X6 - One word....AMEN!!!!! You truly get it.

I'm going to admit something that I rarely discuss...something that many might be surprised by. Four years ago, I stood there in the polling booth for a long time trying to figure out which man was better suited to be President. At that point in my life, I was well on my way in migration from the left to the middle, so Bush's fiscal and International policied appealed to me. However, many of his positions concerning social issues were very disturbing to me. So, I stood there trying to make this decision. In then end, I just couldn't vote for someone that advocated policies that infringed on certain people's rights, denied rights to others, and generally blurred the line between church and state. I put my mark next to Gore's name. My conscience truly wouldn't allow me to go the other way.

Now, it's four years later and my conscience will not allow me to vote based upon these issues. The ONLY issue right now needs to be the war on terror, because the handling of this situation over the next four years will ripple for years to come. Right now, my conscience will not allow me to endanger the lives of my family based upon social issues. The best I can hope for is that one of the candidate in the 2008 election really gets foreign policy, while maintaining a more libertarian stance on social issues.....Unfortunately, I'm not holding my breath.